Friday, June 27, 2008

Updating

Nothing new as far as quilting, still working on Lorna's quilt, have to finish it soon, it's been hanging around too long!
I did start making another Sylvia Bridal Quilt. Finished the first four blocks.   I have one made already, I think they would be great momentos for my daughters once I'm gone.
I like the idea of leaving something behind for friends and family to remember me by.  Of course I have no idea what happens to my quilts once they're given away - maybe there used as a dog bed!
I do find it difficult to part with them (that's why alot of them are here with me) I can only hope that they are loved as much as I have loved making them.

1 comment:

elsie123 said...

"Of course I have no idea what happens to my quilts once they're given away - maybe there used as a dog bed!" That's the hard part, is giving it away unconditionally. But we know how much love and time goes into making it, and I think most anyone will have an appreciation for our handiwork.

As far as this one is concerned, having seen the picture on your newer post, she'll love it!